Tender pieces of marinated Honey Garlic Chicken Skewers cooked on a BBQ or griddle for a sweet and smoky flavor. So simple to prepare for a light Summer dinner.
Can’t wait to get the BBQ out!
Actually, I won’t be touching the BBQ. Chris won’t let me (I’m good with that!). But I can’t wait to eat BBQ food like these chicken skewers (or these Thai fish cake skewers or these lamb souvlaki kebabs, or even the chicken tikka masala that Chris cooks on the BBQ < bbq’d chicken tikka is another level!).
These honey garlic chicken skewers are an absolute favourite with everyone.
Lewis will even eat the onion (notorious onion finder and remover) as they take on that lovely honey-garlic flavor.
How to make these chicken kebabs?
Full recipe with detailed steps in the recipe card at the end of this post.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients (veg and sesame oil, minced garlic, ginger, soy sauce and honey) together in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and pour on three-quarters of the marinade (reserving the rest). Place in the fridge (covered) for an hour.
- Thread the marinated chicken on skewers along with pieces of red pepper and onion.
- Place the skewers on a smoking hot griddle or BBQ, and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked through and the chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Brush with the reserved marinade halfway through cooking.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and coriander before serving